LifeEnergy’s mission is to be its customer’s “Provider for Life for Home & Business.” Based in Houston TX, LifeEnergy is a distributed energy company. It provides retail electricity, natural gas, and solar to residential homeowners and commercial businesses in the United States. LifeEnergy is looking for an experienced team player who wants an opportunity to get into an exciting energy services company with unlimited opportunities for growth. When you join LifeEnergy you will find many opportunities to learn new skills and share your experience as we rapidly expand into new markets and products. If you enjoy learning new skills, overcoming challenges with creative solutions and helping ensure your team succeeds this may be the position for you.
- Director, Retail Energy Supply & Pricing
LifeEnergy is looking for a highly motivated team player to bring knowledge of deregulated electricity and gas markets and execution excellence to LifeEnergy. The individual will be responsible for execution within the following areas: load forecasting, hedging strategy, hedging execution, validation of forward price curves, risk management, financial analysis, and revenue forecasting for retail electricity and natural gas. The individual will also support pricing strategy and execution. The individual must have the capacity to accept new responsibilities and work well in an ever-changing, dynamic atmosphere.
The individual will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The success of this individual will depend on their ability to build relationships in an environment while developing dynamic reporting and performing analysis based on the needs of the business. In addition to the COO, other critical relationships will include:
- Lead the maintenance, development, and validation of forward price curves for gas and power
- Interact with wholesale suppliers and lead the purchase of electricity and gas to meet our retail load
- Book executed hedging transactions into the system of record for trades
- Manage and validate booking of deals into systems
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on market fundamentals, pricing components, and risk exposures associated with the overall energy portfolio
- 5+ years’ experience or graduate training applicable to analytical support of activities in an energy enterprise
- Using the historical usage data, provide pricing and marketing strategy support, including customized pricing where there are profit opportunities, to the sales team
- Assist in costing, pricing, and structuring retail electricity and retail and natural gas transactions in ERCOT, PJM, ISO-NE, and ISO-NY.
- Analyze the price risk and volumetric risk associated with serving customers on retail products
- Work with Accounting to review and validate ISO settlement data
- Lead the maintenance of costing model assumptions and prices for retail products
- Help confirm commercial customer transactions into the deal entry system(s)
- Assist with development, testing and maintenance of application platforms
- Ability to lead research for new products, product enhancements, and product redesign, as well as evaluate the potential and practicality of products in development
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with Master’s degree as a plus – preferred majors include Finance, Mathematics, Economics
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and advanced reporting tools
- Familiarity with use of computers and foundation for learning computer skills where relevant (including database administration skills, advanced SQL skills, advanced report automation skills)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a sense of personal initiative and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong drive and exceptional work ethic
- Motivated by performance
- Very strong focus on the success of the company
- Committed to ethics, confidentiality and LifeEnergy core values
- Have the capacity to accept new challenges that come with the ever-changing deregulated market and assist with addressing these as related to being a young company
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Work in Houston, TX
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone, fax or email inquiries from external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
LifeEnergy offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information about our products, please visit our website at www.LifeEnergy.com.
LifeEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.